MONDAY, NOVEMBER 12 – FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 16
- PSA Everybody Counts Week at Elm/Hilltop/Vermont
- PSA KG-6th Grade Display My Art Fundraiser
PRIMARY SCHOOLS LUNCH MENU
Week of November 12
- Monday – Papa John’s Pizza
- Tuesday – Turkey Feast
- Wednesday – Macaroni & Cheese
- Thursday – Pizza Dippers
- Friday – “Chicken Little Friday” (Popcorn Chicken or Wings)
- Menu Attachment: Primary Lunch Menu 2018-2019
DISPLAY MY ART FUNDRAISER (Kindergarten – Six Grade)
Kindergarten through 6th grade parents: Your kids have been hard at work completing an art lesson that you can commemorate on a variety of keepsakes. A custom brochure with your child’s unique order code and a preview of their art will come home in backpacks. Get your holiday shopping done online and early! There are so many keepsakes to choose from: trivets, aprons, mouse pads, tote bags, desk organizers, shirts, dishtowels, notecards (which make great thank-you notes!) and so. much. more. FREE SHIPPING (no minimum purchase required) to anywhere in the continental U.S. on orders placed by November 16th! Bonus: a portion of each sale benefits our schools! If you misplace your order code, simply call 1-800-394-2090. Below are the themes our art teachers worked on with each grade.
Also, check out the fun collage containing a couple of artworks from each grade! Questions? Email Randi Kaplan: Randibeth@hotmail.com.
- Kindergarten: Heart Handprints: We painted K’s hands with paint and printed them in a shape of a heart.
- 1st Grade Georgia O’Keefe Inspired Flowers: Big, beautiful and bright flowers drawn from looking at flower photos, using crayon and marker.
- 2nd Grade Romero Britto Inspired Self-Portraits: Using a mirror, 2nd graders learned how to draw their faces in proportion and detail with borrowing inspiration from artist Romero Britto for background pattern design. Portraits are colored neatly with a combination of marker and crayon.
- 3rd Grade Memoji’s: In this project, third grade students thought of characteristics of themselves and turned those into emojis that represent them.
- 4th Grade Letter Design: Fourth Grade students learned about company logos. Each student chose a letter that was special to them and transformed it into a unique letter logo. This letter became the focal point and is a repeated design within their artwork.
- 5th Grade Landscape with Linear Perspective: Students learned some of the “tricks” artists use to create a sense of depth in a landscape drawing. Landscape layers, a vanishing point, size, placement and detail were all introduced to make a unique landscape.
- 6th Grade Symmetrical Totem Designs: Students learned about animal symbolism in the totem pole designs of the Pacific Northwest Coast Indians and created their own symmetrical totem image using their initials.
WYOMING PRIMARY SCHOOLS/VALLEY INTERFAITH FOOD DRIVE
As the Holiday Season approaches the Primary Schools will be collecting non-perishable food items to assist the Valley Interfaith Center as they prepare to provide for families in need. Please check your child’s backpack flyer as to the specific item requested for his/her class. Thank you for your support.
Dress for the Weather… this is a reminder to please send your child to school dressed for the weather. We will have recess outside on cold days and it is important that your child have his/her coat, hat, and gloves.
Please check for Lost & Found items at your child’s building.
Reminder to label your child’s clothing items, backpack, lunch box, instruments, etc. This will facilitate the returning of items to the proper owner.
Wyoming Parent School Association (PSA) has sponsored the Winter Enrichment program since 1979 to give children in the community (kindergarten through 4th grade) the opportunity to try new things and find new passions. Classes take place at Vermont Primary School. All classes are held on Saturdays from 9:30 a.m. to 10:45 a.m.
There are two Sessions:
- Session 1: January 12, 19, 26, & February 2.
- Session 2: February 9, 16, 23, & March 2.
ONLINE REGISTRATION will open on Wednesday, November 28th at 8 PM at http://www.winterenrichment.com/
This year, we will be offering classes such as Circus Acts, Science, Cupcake Decorating, Slime, Hip Hop, Clay Molding, Jewelry Making, and many more. If you have any questions about the program you may contact Jackie Barnes (email@example.com).
FROM THE WYOMING HIGH SCHOOL MARCHING BAND
Help support the Marching Cowboys trip to New Orleans!
The Wyoming High School band is raising money to travel to and perform in New Orleans! Mark your calendars for these upcoming fundraisers:
- Poinsettia Sale: Individual Sales Nov. 16-30. Pick up at Wyoming High School Holiday Showcase on Tuesday, Dec. 11.
- Butter Braids Sale: Individual Sales March 8-April 1. Delivery on April 15 at Wyoming High School.
- Station Family & BBQ Event: Friday, March 8. More information to come.
- Wyoming Scarf Sale: Ongoing
Email Assistant Band Director Chris DeWitt at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 513-206-7070 for more information.
NEWS FROM SUPPORTING ORGANIZATIONS
WSMA’s Flapjacks & Fortissimo on December 1
The 7th Annual Flapjacks & Fortissimo FUNDRAISER, presented by Wyoming School Music Association (WSMA), will be 8-11 a.m. Saturday, December 1, in the Wyoming High School Cafeteria.
Come hungry for a kicky morning full of inspired performances — and a stack of hand-flipped flapjacks, too. WSMA will serve pancakes, sausage, fresh fruit, and hot La Terza coffee from Wyoming Community Coffee, while you savor a wide range of musical acts brought to life by our brilliant Primary, Middle, and High School students. Purchase tickets for $6 in advance and save money! (Note: Online sales end midnight on Thursday, November 29th). Day of event admission cost – $8 per ticket.
- BUY TICKETS here: http://wyomingmusic.org/7th-annual-flapjacks-fortissimo-fundraiser/
- VOLUNTEER: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/10c094ba4ac28a20-flapjacks1
Contact Kelly Trush (email@example.com) with questions.
Kindervelt Dine & Donate Event at Tela
Treat yourself to a delicious meal at Tela, 1212 Springfield Pike, 10 a.m.-8 p.m. Sunday, Nov. 11, and 10% of your pre-tax bill will be donated to KV PEACE, the psychiatric emergency unit at Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center. Reservations are encouraged: 513-821-8352.